Tuesday, February 8, 2011

At a loss for words...

I've been kind of off the map, well slightly off the map. Certainly off the map for me.

This is due to a few factors:


1st. I was sick, went to the hospital with a 104.1 degree fever. I got carted around on a wheely bed (gourney? who cares wheely bed sounds cooler) and taken to different rooms for testing. Mostly I laid in bed waiting for the doctors to figure out what was up. I learned a few things, one I have a gall stone and will eventually have to get my whole gall bladder removed. I'm not excited about losing a body part. Even if I still don't quite understand its purpose. Something about bile. I dunno. I don't want to just toss it out like I'm not appreciative of it's efforts in my 25 years of life. It's done some good work I'm sure. I don't just want to toss it away like a used towel. Finding a surgeon is taking more time than it should. Mostly due to the fact that I'm not comfortable removing one of my organs.

2nd. The semester has started and I have school work. I should be constantly reading but I haven't been. I have been reading and doing my work, I'm too much of a nerd not to. But I've been doing it last minute thus feeling over whelmed.

3rd. Increased amounts of sleeping, for whatever reason I'm having trouble sleeping. So I spend most of the night waking up a bunch and then the sun rises and then I go back to sleep. I think I spend more time trying to sleep than I do actually sleeping. Either way I've been having really vivid dreams. So vivid that I'm not sure if I'm asleep or awake. It's weird. So I guess I've been sleeping but not very well and for too long.

4th. Apathy... I've felt an overwhelming since of apathy ever since I got back from my conference in Orlando. The conference was underwhelming. I think my apathy stems from the fact that I came back feeling like people in my chosen field don't care. So why should I care. I know why I should care I just am having trouble caring. I think that might be because of the weather.

5th. I don't have a 5th but I like things in 5's and 0's. It's kind of a weird trait but everyone has their quirks.

No comments:

Post a Comment