Sunday, March 25, 2012

I fell off the map again.

I'm really good at falling off the map. I've been doing it more regularly as of late. It feels good to avoid social networking sites and focus on other things, but it usually means that I'm the last one to know things. Here is what's been happening over the last few months

January - I got really sick but managed to make it to Geek Bowl (in Austin, Tx) and I painted a wicked cool 6ft by 3ft banner. I'll have to upload a picture later.

February - I actually had a valentine. That was really cool and special. February vacation consisted of me hanging out. I got the boot from one of my pub quiz venues, but picked up another one rather quickly. I still really like hosting pub quizzes. I went skiing.

March - I'm writing a grant, for class, but am secretly (well not so secretly) hoping I can submit it. I'm skeptical about it's success but it's cool. I started going to meditation regularly. It's supposed to help me focus, although I'm skeptical as the results so far seem to have surged this internal war. I find myself to be spiritually confused right now. I feel really lonely again. I sometimes fantasize about going back to Georgia, not because I had a lot of friends there but because at least I had family and it wasn't Florida. I keep pissing off my roommates, but not intentionally. I feel really isolated even though I'm probably around people more often now than I was before. I think it's just more apparent how distant I am from other people.


I've read several books already this year, these are outside of class. That's good for me. I'm almost finished with like the 2nd or 3rd book. I should do a book count or something.

 I wasn't intending for this to be some kind of downer piece. I have a lot of really awesome things going on for me. Like Pub Quizzes, hanging out with the Shambhala kids from meditation, the guy I'm seeing. (I don't really want to write much about that though, because I'm superstitious). But there is something missing... and I can't place my finger on it...


I have homework to do so I'm gonna go do that. 

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment