Sunday, January 10, 2010

First week back, sort of...

Break is over and my team has returned. We’re back at work, but not in Woodland. This week we worked at the H1N1 Clinic. I thought it would be more difficult for me because I don’t personally agree with vaccinating for every new disease. I didn’t have to try and explain to people why they should be vaccinated; instead I worked at the end of the line after they already made the decision. I’ve met a lot of really cool volunteers including this woman who conquered cancer. She is so fascinating, she’s been alive since World War II, and she talked with me about different points of California history. I was really happy to have met her. We only have two more days of the clinic, which is pretty exciting.

Next week we will be back at Woodland, and we only have 3 weeks left. I’m excited to find out what our next project will be. We will be moving out of Sacramento, and I’m hoping for a more exotic location, but who knows. I’m pretty sure we won’t be going to Alaska or Hawaii, but I am confident that we will at least be getting out of California, but for I all I know we could be in Woodland for another 2 months. There is nothing I can do to change what we do, and I can’t switch teams. So if I don’t like the next project I’ll just have to be flexible, keep a positive attitude regardless.

I am hoping to update more in the New Year as part of my healthy in 2010 campaign. Writing is a healthy outlet for me. So starting this week, I’m going to write three times a week. I can’t promise that I’ll post 3 times a week, but I’ll do my best especially while I have Internet access. I have PT at 5:30am tomorrow and it’s late so I should go to bed.

Sorry for the poor updates,

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment