Sunday, February 7, 2010

All Packed and Ready to Go

It's 6:32 right now in Sacramento, Ca. The Saints are winning the Super Bowl and I'm upstairs in the computer lab trying to entertain myself. I didn't sit through any of the game this year because I was busy trying to pack, also I don't really care about football, and there were no traditional Super Bowl snacks. I mean what is a Super Bowl party without pigs in a blanket and my mom's famous chips con queso recipe which she stole off the Velveta Cheese box. I just can't convince myself to do it. Although, I do have to say I hope the Saints win. It would be great for their community. Nothing brings together a city like a big win be it Football, Basketball, or Baseball. *

I'm excited about arriving in Mecca, Ca but I'm not so much excited for driving 10 hours packed in a 15 passenger van like sardines. I'm hoping that we will be able to pack effectively and that there will be enough room for me to wiggle my toes. I'm planning on wearing my steel toe boots mostly because I don't have room to pack 'em. Wearing steel toes and working all day sucks but wearing them while driving them sucks harder. I'm complaining a lot about this trip and I think a lot of it is because currently I can see many of the flaws in others and myself. I'm concerned for a lot of things that might happen over the course of these next two months. I'm also excited for the potential a big blow up could bring. I don't know I think maybe I'm just looking at the worst in things instead of the best in things.

I've been isolating myself a lot more lately, and I'm kind of concerned as to why. I can't pinpoint what is making me want to turtle up. I'm generally a very outgoing person, often in the middle of everything and very much want to be included. But recently, I've forgone outings and gone to bed early. Perhaps, I'm getting sick, perhaps this past month has been emotionally draining and I'm not feeling up to exerting more energy than what is absolutely necessary.

I do still believe in this program and am very happy about my actual work. I think it does make a difference, some projects more than others. I'm just blah right now. Possibly because I'm exhausted from packing. I hate packing and it doesn't get any easier no matter how many times you move.

I guess that's all. See you in Mecca?

Sara

*The Saints won, my friends in New Orleans are probably having a blast right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment