Tuesday, August 3, 2010

And the adventure ended

I'm at a Coffee Shop in Lake Wales, it's 8:35 and they close in 25 minutes. My final reflection about my time in AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps is forthcoming, but probably not until later this week. The guy at the coffee shop is starting to give me funny looks, like I'm detaining him from making it to his date to meet the girl he's been chatting with online, or something. Anyway, being home after AmeriCorps sucks. I'll talk more about that in my reflection piece. I'm gonna jump ahead to the future. I'm applying for jobs, it's hard. I have my heart set on working for a nonprofit but I fear that I will get desperate and apply for jobs that I'll hate. I really want to work for KaBOOM!, so much so, that I've taken to applying to pretty much everything for which I feel qualified. Hopefully, they'll hire me.

The guy is starting to give me really awful glares now. Maybe I have a booger hanging out of my nose, no that's not it.

I really should get out of here. I have to go back to my mom's house and pack and go through all of my belongings and get rid of the things I'll never use/wear, as well as things that I should've thrown away years ago, but couldn't manage to part with. I mean who really needs receipts from 2004 anymore.

Oh also, my mom got me a Honda FIT as an NCCC graduation/I feel bad because I helped your bro out and didn't want you to think I don't love you as much present. I tell everyone that it's because I graduated from NCCC though. It's awesome, I could practically live in it, and might have to if I can't find a job. Yikes!

Okay coffee guy, I'm out see you next time.

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment