Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Looking for a place to hang my hat.

Life has done it again, it has handed me a deliciously sweet glass of ice cold lemonade. If you remember last year, I was offered an opportunity to join AmeriCorps NCCC. This year life has offered me a different opportunity, and my adventures as a vagabond are coming to an end. I am about to start a new chapter in my life. One where my drivers license will actually reflect where I live. I'm moving to Boston, Ma, more specifically somewhere near the Watertown/Waltham/Belmont area. The reason: I got a job! I'll be working in a residential facility for kids with disabilities. I will be assisting them with their day to day activities. It's as glamorous as it sounds, not at all. But it will be awesome for a few reasons: 1. I love kids, I love working with kids, I love helping kids. 2. There are plenty of opportunities for both personal and professional growth. 3. I get to live and work 9.8 miles away (or less depending on where I move to) from my favorite city in the entire world. I am unbelievably excited about this new adventure. It is one that I never really expected, but I am especially grateful for it.

I leave on Thursday at 5:30 am and am driving 1,047 miles north to my new home. I have one more day to pack and get my stuff together before I depart. I am still taking tips for living in the north.

I will still continue to write, I like chronicling my life. I just won't be discussing life in Podunk, Ga again. Perhaps, ever again. I'll miss my dad, but how could I say no to this?

No comments:

Post a Comment