Sunday, November 1, 2009

Day 1 on Blue 4

So today was the first day I was on my permanent team. I think that we have a solid group of individuals. I feel a lot better about the people I will be spending the majority of my time with, although I still have a longing to hand pick my own team, but I am happy with the people that I ended up on a team with. I’m trying really hard not to make quick judgments. Today we had more conflict resolution training. So that was great, it was interesting to get to know everyone on my team. We established a team charter, it’s basically a list of house rules. I’m all for ground rules, in a live/work environment, they become necessary. I look forward to going on adventures and traveling the country in a 15 passenger van. Tomorrow we’re off to Mendocino. I’m going to bring my journal and try and force myself to write in it while I’m there.

My team went for Frozen Yogurt (Fro Yo) at the Big Scoop in the Arden mall, which is by far the best idea for a fro yo ever! It’s a self serve station, with at least 30 different toppings to choose from and 9 flavors, as long as you count swirls as a new flavor. They charge by the weight instead of by topping so you can come up with some pretty crazy creations. Mine didn’t work out as I had planned but the top half was still delicious. If you ever get a chance to try it, I recommend it.

I feel exhausted right now. I think I’m starting to get sick which is highly unfortunate. I’m trying to up my vitamin intake and decrease my sugar intake, but I don’t know if that will really do any good. Hopefully, it will help a little bit as I will be at Camp Mendocino for the next couple of days and I can’t really be sick while I’m out there. It’s really cold there, and I packed all of my warm clothes, so I will be cold for the majority of the day tomorrow until the cargo van gets there and I can grab a hold of my bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment