Sunday, June 13, 2010

Blue Tenn in Tennessee

I did in fact get sent to Tennessee, thankfully. It would be a cruel joke if the universe didn't let me go. Fortunately, I did something right in my life and now I'm here. Although, I was getting used to the idea of hanging out in New Orleans until the end of NCCC. I had made friends with a team from Maryland, Raven 4 they're awesome.

Anyway, in Tennessee the composite team and I are mucking and gutting houses in Nashville. We have met a lot of really nice home owners, and people in general. We work long hours and the work is physical, but good. I spend most of the day covered in mud and fiber glass grinning from ear to ear. I'm happy to be here and I'm happy to be able to do this work. We are scheduled to be here until July 3rd but it could be earlier or it could be later. There is no telling. It would be nice to be sent back early in order to hang out with Raven 4 some more, but I really love the work we're doing so if I can't get sit back early, I'd rather stay until the end of the year. Either way. I feel like the work that I've had this year was worth all the other stuff. I wanted an education project and I practically had 3. I wanted to build houses and I was able to do that too. I didn't want trail building and I some how managed to avoid it. I really wanted disaster and I'm in Tennessee. I don't know if it could've been more perfect. I mean obviously it could always be better, but it could've been worst as well. And I'm happy with the way things have turned out. I'm excited to continue the work we're doing here.

I still have no idea what I'm doing next year, but hopefully I'll figure something out eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment