Saturday, June 5, 2010

Life in the Parish

So, I'm hanging out at PJ's Coffee shop right now and it feels like last September all over again. Except for the fact, I had to walk to get here, and then back because I forgot my wallet and then back again. I love the feel of sitting in a coffee shop and having the opportunity to just hang out. Maybe, I'm strange. Although probably not really lots of people love coffee shops. I'm still unsure of what I'm going to do at the end of July when my Ameri-Life is up. Most likely, I'll be back in Georgia, but I'm applying to jobs all over the country. Some are AmeriCorps positions but not NCCC. NCCC was fun, but it's a one and done kind of deal for me. I wouldn't trade this experience for the world. It's hard living and working with a team of people, but I love it still. I love the work the work is what makes it worth it. I get to serve people, it's amazing and wonderful and well I'm not selfless so I can freely admit that it makes me feel and look really good, both in real life and on paper. (It doesn't make me feel anything on paper, obvi).

We started work with the St. Bernard Project. Which is an amazing organization that is helping to rebuild St. Bernard Parish. You should check out their website and learn all about them as they are totally worth it. Also, if you ever want to have a really awesome Volunteer vacation they still need help because the Parish will not rebuild itself. Plus, NOLA is a great place to visit and you can do it for pretty cheap. They take individuals and groups.
http://www.stbernardproject.org

Also, if you want to donate some money you can text NOLA @ 50555 and donate $5. It's painless and will do good for a family.

Anyway, I still don't know about Tennessee, I probably won't know anything until Tuesday or something. It's the life of a corps member they don't just tell you about patience and flexibility they make you practice, a lot!

I'm off to enjoy life,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment