Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Nothing is Absolute

If AmeriCorps has taught me one thing this year it has taught me that nothing is certain. There are no guarantees. It is what it is, and we as people have the choice to roll with it, or wallow in self-pity. In my life time, there are times when I wallow, there are times when I go with it, and there are times when I do a little of both. I know that I love big, fast and strong, and I love with my whole heart. I have trouble holding back. Sometimes it leads to pain, sometimes it leads to new love, and sometimes it leads to great adventures. Although this style of being has sometimes ended in tears, I have gone through enough to know that there is always a lesson, there is always a value and there is always something good to come of it. It's the figuring out part that sucks the most it's those times when you question what you did wrong or could have done better. It's the uncertainty it's the what if. In the end, whatever the situation, I have always managed to come out alive and for the most part better. And I have no other choice but to continue that way of life.

I'm just happy that I always have a back up plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment