Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Grinchmas

I'm in Beantown for Christmas. The good news I get to spend it with my best friend, the better news I have a few days off from work. But the bad news is that I have Canadian Moose Flu, which is what I've decided to name the illness that I contracted in Canada. I went to Canada Sunday night and came back with the Canadian Moose Flu on Wednesday. It was awful I spent the last few days trying to convince Comet and Cupid that I wasn't related to them. I am certain I'm going to grow antlers or something, and the next thing I know I'll be clinging to Dasher or Dancer yelling at Santa to turn the damn sled around! Okay not so much. I've never had the flu before but I haven't been able to eat or drink or indulge in any of the things people indulge in over the holiday season, like eating chocolate covered peanut butter balls, or cookie dough. I'm getting sick just thinking about it. I haven't felt this way since I got food poisoning in Summer 2009, that was embarrassing. Although I didn't get this sickness on my own it is the only thing I've been able to think about for the past few days. In all my focus on trying not to turn into a moose, I forgot that Christmas was coming. I bet Santa's left the North Pole by now, traveling the globe passing out presents to all the girls and boys of planet Earth or whatever it is that he does. I dunno, he stopped bringing me presents a few years ago.

Sometimes, I miss being a kid. But then again, you have to grow up sometime.

I forgot what I was going on about, the moose are at it again. Night all, Merry Christmas, or whatever you celebrate.

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment