Tuesday, April 27, 2010

N'awlins

So Blue 4's Road trip ended in New Orleans, La. 5 days and four nights in a van made Sara a rambunctious girl. My brother and Best friend welcomed me to the city of chaos with a weekend of exploring the French Quarter. I enjoy the music and style of the french quarter. I also enjoy the hospitality of New Orleans but when I lay down at night I'm willing myself to dream about sunny California. Well, I was. Now I find that I'm thinking about what's next after this year. I had considered applying to be a team leader. After a lot of thought and many frustrations, I decided that it would be best to part ways at the end of this year and start my life. Now the question is where am I going and what the heck am I going to do? I neglected to apply to grad school, and now I'm considering what I can do with a Bachelors Degree in Theatre and 10 months of experience with AmeriCorps NCCC.
Here are some things that I've decided not to do:

Burn all my money and live in a School Bus in Alaska
Go back to school to be an astrophysicist
Enlist in the Military
Try and get drafted for the WNBA (I'm too short)
Work on a farm
Try my hand at professional gambling
Work for a corporate law firm
Participate in illegal activities
Become a Police Officer
Flip Burgers


Above is a picture of NOLA architecture.

It's a astounding that after 5 years New Orleans is still rebuilding. There is a lot of work to be done.

At first I detested this city. I think it has the potential to grow on me, but I still feel my heart pitter patter for California. For now, I'm keeping my options open and trying not to become too distracted. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if I end up somewhere that I didn't expect to go after this year is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment