Sunday, April 4, 2010

You can thank Late Harvest Gewurztraminer for this:

Today, my mom and I drove down the coast of California, granted we didn't go as far south as I wanted but we did see some amazing sites. There are lots of really small towns in between Calistoga and Bodega Bay. The smallest we saw was a population of 48. California is a breath taking place. I am so in love with this state. I don't know how I will be able to leave this place in two weeks when my team and I travels to New Orleans. :( The good news is last that I checked our route has us heading back through Mecca. I'm very happy to know that I will be able to drive through a place so beautiful again.

I can talk about my love for Mecca for days. I'll try and restrain myself.

My mom and I did a lot of driving today. The winding roads that took us from Calistoga to Bodega were breathtaking. We stopped an awful lot and we even had cows block our path at one point.

We stopped for dinner at this place called Zazu. It was really good and all of their food was local. It was delicious.

I'm glad my friends in So Cal are safe.

Tomorrow it's back to Sacramento. Then on April 12th we leave for New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment