Monday, November 8, 2010

A hinting of a cross roads....

semi-stream of consciousness: 
Life is confusing, I'm young. I know this because I haven't turned thirty yet and the need to get married and have kids isn't nagging me. I'm sure it will soon, soon I will have to explain to people why I'd rather have cats then kids. I like kids, they're great. It's more or less the other part the husband part that scares me. However, I try not to spend much time thinking about finding someone to hang out with for the rest of my life. It's time consuming and often times depressing. Not that I haven't met some choice people recently, I might have. This isn't what I wanted to talk about.

GAH! I may have found a new path, and uncovered a new trail for myself in this world, but it means that I'd have to back track. It's probably a more difficult path and it would certainly lead to a different life. Somehow though I feel like the only reason I'd take this path is because of the delicious looking berries tempting me. They look plump and juicy, like the sweetest berries any person has ever tasted. I wonder if they're poisonous, I wonder if they're not actually berries, maybe they're just an illusion. I'm too curious not to attempt to determine whether the berries are innocuous. Although, I don't really want to just eat berries for the sake of eating berries. Perhaps though, that's kind of what I've been doing so far in this life. Wandering through the forest looking for berries. In fact, I wonder if that's how I ended up here. If I'm here now because I got lost in the woods looking for berries. Somehow, I ended up in this place that I had visited once before, the last time I was here the berries were the best I'd ever tasted. Now the taste is the same, but it's not as bright as it used to be. It was like my memory made them more vibrant and delicious.

I got distracted where was I... oh yeah traveling through a forest chasing berries. What am I freaking bear? do bears even eat berries? Bears eat people, and small animals and fish. Oh well I think I messed up what I was trying to say anyway. I seem to be tongue tied, or finger tied I guess as the case may be. I really like the berries in this forest, but I kind of want to check out these other berries over there, just scout it out you know. I mean cause those berries look like they may sustain me longer. I might as well check em out huh?

I really should set up some kind of don't write blogs after midnight triggers on this thing. I don't know if any of that makes any sense. Perhaps it's best. Hopefully no one thinks that berries are anything more than just berries. They probably are just berries.

I can assure you though berries are not a metaphor for people. Grammar might have been, but definitely not berries. I mean who would want to eat people? Certainly not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment