Sunday, November 14, 2010

That insanely hard level that you just can't get past.

I've been playing this game on PS2. I don't play video games enough to get a PS3. I also haven't made enough money to buy a PS3 until recently, and well after all those years of not being able to afford a more advanced system, I can't really find a reason to run out and buy one. Maybe in a few years, or after I get my student loans figured out. Anyway, after spending more time and energy than I care to admit on this video game, I'm stuck. The game is God of War, and I'm at the part where you have to dodge these stupid moving gates to get to the next stage. It seems as though every time I try the level I just get hit by the gates. Every few times, I get to the first depression in the floor and I find a sense of safety. I feel better about trying it again because I got to that first part, but the next part just seems impossible. No matter what I do, the freaking gates hit me. I looked up cheat codes and stuff, but decided against it. It just doesn't seem right to cheat on a game. And quite frankly I haven't found any that will actually work. I've looked at tips too. I have done my homework on this game; I just can't figure it out. I've thought about playing a new game and starting from the beginning, but for some reason I really like this game. I keep thinking about how much I enjoyed it when I first got it. It was new, and exciting, even perhaps dangerous at times. Now I just feel stupid for continuing to get hit over and over again by the gates. I mean really, isn't the definition of insanity trying to do the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. You'd think I'd try a new tactic or at least start a new game. I'm not so far along that I'm going to feel bad if I never beat it. I mean it would just be between me and my memory card (well now the internet) that I can't beat this level. I think I just still have that glimmer of hope. Sometimes, I wish that I never made it to the first depression; I think if I just kept getting swept away by the gates, I would learn that I just won't ever get past the level, and I'd move on. It's not as if I didn't try. I did, I looked up guides and Google searched and what not, but those freaking gates just hit me over and over. Maybe my frustration is finally getting to me, I'm obviously not going anywhere with this game. I could be at this level forever, and who wants that? You can't really tell people that even after a month that you're still on the same level. Serious gamers will laugh at you, and your regular friends, well, they'll never understand. I mean most of them have told me that I should try a different game.

I guess, the beginning was too much fun and I really just want to see what happens next, so here I go again back to the gates, watching the character get  destroyed over and over again. Good thing this kind of thing never happens in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment