Sunday, October 4, 2009

Apparently, This is NOT a Joke

I called Americorps again on Friday, and the guy on the phone remembered me from my phone call on Thursday. He kind of laughed when I asked to talk to the NCCC office to confirm that I am in fact going to Sacramento. The lady from the NCCC office seemed kind of aggravated, like she should probably be dealing with someone with a more serious issue. However, my issue is serious. I’m about to give up a job offer, albeit a job I don’t want, to move across the country, okay so I’ve been wanting to get out of my dad’s house since I got there, to participate in a program which I applied to 6 months ago. I just want to make sure it’s real; that this isn’t some kind of cruel joke. Apparently, it’s not a joke and Fed Ex is going to be delivering my packet to my mom’s house by Wednesday. This is amazing. I’m waiting for the complete shock to wash over me, to be free of it, but it seems that it’s not going away any time soon. I will probably be in this state of disbelief until I get to Sacramento and they give me my uniform.

I’m anxious, excited and nervous about all the possibilities that lie ahead of me. I’ve packed up my clothes and the basic necessities from my dad’s house and I am leaving for Lake Wales, in the morning to go spend time with my mom. My mom is one of the most important people in my life. I’m excited that I actually get to spend time with her, even though the drama from our family never seems to stop, it will be good to be able to spend time with just her. We have gone through a lot this past year, and its great that good news has once again entered our lives. This next week, I will be spending time getting my affairs in order as well as hopefully, spending time with some friends.

My mom, my brother and I will be leaving for San Francisco on Saturday for a family vacation. We haven’t had one of those in a while, so it will be great to just get to hang out together and enjoy the sites. I’m excited about the grand adventure ahead, and hopefully regaining my ability to focus, as it seems to be lost on me at the moment. Here’s to adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Next week you'll be in Sactown! It's real, believe me. I'm going through the same thing right now. It took so long for me to hear anything from them so I when I found out I was accepted I thought it was fake. But I got my flight info so I guess it's real. Or maybe Ashton Kutcher will pop out when I get to the airport...lol....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know how much that helps to hear. I thought I was it was just me. The lady I talked to at the NCCC office, did not appreciate my wasting her time asking her if this was some kind of prank. See you in Sactown.

    ReplyDelete