Sunday, October 11, 2009

Wandering Through the Wharf


We woke up early today to fly to San Francisco, traveling with my family has always been an adventure. We are three very different people. My brother is the smart, sane constant one. While my mother, the worrywart has to know anything and everything. Then there’s me. The very loud, rarely politically correct and socially appropriate one. Don’t get me wrong, when it’s necessary I can tone down my personality and keep it G for the kids. It’s just that when I’m on vacation I like to throw caution to the wind. Which often gets me in trouble with the worrywart and the always-constant one. So far, this trip has been really great, and there hasn’t been too much chaos.

It could have something to do with being on the other side of the world, so when I get excited or distracted they don’t seem to mind as much. I’m not trying to push my luck, and I’m also toning it down for them, because the last thing I want to do is irritate anyone before they leave me in California. My mom is kind of going crazy though, because we don’t have a plan and she lives for plans. So far this seeing San Francisco without a set plan has been pretty cool. We happened to catch some of the Blue Angel Air show, we took pictures with Darth Vader and friends in Ghirardelli Square, and we wandered through pier 39 and saw a ton of Sea lions (not seals, I've been corrected). They’re adorable, funny and all around freaking cute. As a whole, I really enjoy this city. Although it still hasn’t trumped Boston, my all time favorite city, but it’s a lot of fun and I feel so fortunate that I had the opportunity to take this trip with my family.

The only thing that I can complain about is that San Francisco is a walking city and my pinkie toe is swollen to twice its normal size. I don’t mind the walking; I actually much prefer it because you get to see so much more. I injured my toe last month when I fell out the back door at my mom’s house trying to put the cat out. I really wish I had a better story then that. In the process of tripping outside onto the cool cement porch I ended up busting my knee open and requiring stitches, as well as spraining my toe. I guess I’ll just have to suck it up because PT is going to be a lot more physical than leisurely strolls through the bay area. Other than that everything has been smooth sailing so far.


Although, I’m tired and my stomach is turning because the garlic that is currently residing there. We ate at the Stinking Rose for dinner, it was delicious pretty expensive so if you’re on a tight budget not a recommended splurge. Note to any future San Francisco visitors, while their food is delicious, stay away from the Garlic Wine. It sounds better than it taste if you can imagine that. We called it a night early because all of us have been up since early this morning, and we’re also all east coasters, so the 3 hour time difference is kind of kicking in on us. So pleasant dreams wherever you are.

I found these rocks in one of the souvenir shops, my mom asked me what a cunning linguist was, I said me. Har Har Har just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment